Monday 7 September 2015

Busy Busy Busy!

Busy!
That has been my life over the last few weeks/months....
I dunno year even!
The days and weeks just seem to be whizzing by.....
and everything at home seems to need doing at once!
One job I have been working on is my ever growing pile
 of papers to be filed away, they seem to grow on the kitchen
 bench as fast as the weeds do in the back yard. I have sorted
 my 3 drawer timber filing cabinet and also started a filing
 tub for each of my children( these still need quite a bit of
attention but at this stage both their boxes have all their
 papers in at least, this is cutting into my precious
 stitching time I might add....LOL!
I have managed to purchase backing fabric for my linen quilt
 that I made at The cottage on The Hill a couple of months
back on a 2 day retreat, I went with this blue swirly vine
patterned fabric and was very happy that I didn't have to join
 it because it was a wide backing fabric....Win Win!
Fast forward to last Friday when this bag was delivered to my
office by Belinda's gorgeous DH Terry, he's a good bloke...
So much excitement because not only was my linen quilt in the
 bag but my Vintage modern Dresden Quilt as well....
Yay! happy dance....
Belinda has quilted them both in an all over pattern , minus the
 Dresden panel that she custom quilted for me, it's always
 hard to see the quilting in the pictures....
This shot of the back will give you a better idea....
The linen one is even harder to see but she matched the swirling
 vine pattern on the backing fabric for the quilting on this one,
 I can't wait to get the binding on so I can drape it
over my daybed in The Studio it is gorgeous!
My routine is to make the binding before the quilt is quilted....
Well guess what? No binding made for either of these....
I really need a nine day week! Eek!
Visitors over the weekend means they are still in the bag,
luckily I snapped these pics at work on Friday,watch this space!

Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

10 comments:

Daisy Jayne said...

I know where you are coming from ..... I sure the hours in the weekend are shorter ...love the quilts

Christine M said...

I know what you mean about papers. I have a small pile building up just next to me here at the computer, let alone the one on the kitchen bench and one in my sewing room! Your quilts are beautiful Kate.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate ,yes I went through all my papers here not long ago ,makes you wonder where they all come from,lol. Oh both these quilts look amazing ,can't wait to see them finished,hope you have a lovely week my friend xx

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

That is so true, wish the weeks were longer. Both the quilts look lovely quilted. Congratulation two great finishes.

Susan said...

Love the quilts - like you - hate the paperwork - as you say it seriously cuts into sewing time.

wish2stitch said...

It's so cool to see your quilts come to life with some quilting. They look great. Hope you find some time to bind them soon.

Susan said...

Belinda's quilting is always amazing, they look beautiful.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Will you come and do mine please miss kate 😄😄😄... Gorgeous quilts xx

Fiona said...

I do love both your quilts... all that sorting of papers... aaargh it does take up precious sewing time...
Hugz

Anita said...

Love the quilting....gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...